November 23, 2011

Buzzing Around Town

It was another rainy day in Sydney, but nothing can get me down! I started the day by taking the train into the CBD and going to the Australian Museum of Natural History. Yes, minerals might not do it for me, but exhibits on Indigenous People and Aboriginals and the artwork and scientific discoveries of the Scott sisters did. On the way I actually  helped an Australian find his way through town to an appointment. Yes, I am getting around pretty well. After the museum I crossed the street and went to daily Mass at St. Mary's Cathedral. It was a very nice message for what will probably be my last Mass for this liturgical year: Share the Good News, stand up for the truth, and spread God's love. It felt great to be there -- I am so grateful for all my blessings and for how God is present to me through everything in my life.


I walked through town looking for a coffee shop where I could just hang out, stay dry, and read for a little, and I found a place called Vivo where I ordered a vanilla latte and brownie. Then I walked down to Darling Harbour and through Tumbalong Park, admiring the water features and green space. My friend Jared mentioned there was a little garden that direction, so I found the Chinese Garden of Friendship. On the way, I saw a sign for Paddy's Market, which of course I was curious about, but from a distance it looked like shops with produce and other goods, which has been confirmed by searching online. Was hoping it was something Irish!
 This little guy wiggles his tail around and hops about in such a cute, squiggly way.

It was nearly 4pm -- time to go to the aquarium! (I bought the ticket online for half price, the requirement being that you enter at a specific time.) The aquarium gets its own post on this blog because it was soooo awesome.
Now this is a beer menu!

After the aquarium, I walked to meet Yves in a part of town called The Rocks. We went to The Belgian Beer Cafe as a small gift of my appreciation for him inviting me to stay at his apartment during this vacation. I got real Belgian food, the Flemish Beef Stew Cooked in Beer, and my favorite beer, Leffe Blonde. Yves had his favorite, the mussels.

I am so happy to be here and loving every minute of it. I'm not thinking about anything else, besides, at times, my amazing family and friends and how much you would enjoy it too. No work, projects, activities, other stuff -- nothing. It's just the good life, and I walk around with a smile on my face all the time. I'm also very happy to be here on my own and taking that time for myself. I think God gave me the opportunity for this trip at a time in my life where I truly live in the moment and don't think too much about what's next or worry or anything. It's taken awhile to get to that point of freedom, trust, and existing in the present, but it's such a joy-filled place, and to have this trip at this time in my life is a gift. ... So thankful!

1 comment:

  1. To be blessed and to know you are so blessed is truly a gift from God. You've brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete