November 20, 2011

Coastal Walk


AMAZING!

I saw some of the most incredible beaches and landscapes, and the beauty just kept on coming with each turn around the cliffs and up and down the pathway. We took a bus to Coogee Beach and began the trail there. Nearly 4 miles, several beaches, and probably 2 or so hours later, we hit the last beach, which is apparently world-famous, Bondi Beach. So beautiful! Oh my gosh, this place is amazing! The sand is soft (except at Shelly Beach, guess why), and the water is that pretty clearish blue-green color. WOW.

In the top right corner you can see the white picket fence that lines the trail.

There were a lot of people on the walkway yesterday because there was an outdoor art show called Culture by the Sea. There were sculptures along the path, which was pretty cool. I didn't stop to look at any -- I was too interested on the natural art everywhere else! I saw some of the exhibits while walking by, and they were cool. It started raining during the last mile, but it felt good.


Yves and I got to Bondi Beach and went down through the sand to the water. The only people out were surfers.


I have a lot of pictures, and for some I'm trying to channel my inner Maureen. Just wanted to share a few here!

This one was Maur-inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you do have some of "my genes" in the eye for beauty. They are picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete