November 19, 2011

A Day at Shelly Beach

Today I got a weekly "MyMulti" pass, which allows me to take any bus, ferry, and train in Sydney. And already I've put it to good use! It was really hot here, maybe around 85-90 degrees, so Yves and I took the train to the CBD and then a bus to Manly, where we kicked of a day at the beach with a beer at Bavarian Bier Cafe. I got a Hofbrau Weizen Dunkel. Then we walked through a shopping area with restaurants and stores, to the ocean side of Manly Beach. It got really foggy, and no one was allowed to swim for awhile (wasn't planning on it anyway), so we walked the pathway to a little beach called Shelly Beach, and the fog lifted and we had a blue sky with a blazing sun. The picture above is Shelly Beach. The rectangular tables with people standing around them at the forefront of the photo are public barbeque areas.Then we took a ferry back to the harbour and a train back to Yves' stop. Now we're getting ready for dinner somewhere in his neighborhood and planning for tomorrow. And it looks like we'll be going to see a few other beaches. Ahhh, my favorite kind of day!


It is so incredibly beautiful here. It's all my favorite things -- a city, beaches, and outdoorsy, sporty stuff! It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment