November 26, 2011

The Blue Mountains


Today Yves and I took a 2hr 20min train ride to Katoomba to see the Blue Mountains. On the ride out, the scenery looked a lot like Pittsburgh in the summer -- green trees, hillsides, and neighborhoods. Once we got to The Three Sisters Echo Point, it was breathtaking.


It was a beautiful, warm day that was perfect for being outside and walking nature trails. One of the walkways led to narrow, uneven stone and metal steps that inspired an overwhelming child-like curiosity in me, so I had to explore. These steps take a hiker to the bottom of The Three Sisters. Fortunately, I saw a sign stating that it takes two hours to walk all the way down and back up -- heck no. I'm curious, but not that curious.


When Yves and I got back to the CBD, we walked to a bar called Sweeney's and had a beer. Then we headed through town and over to St. Mary's Cathedral for Mass. Then we took the train back to Yves' apartment, ordered pizza, and I began packing...

I realized that my friend, John Tierney, who played Irish football in Pittsburgh a few years ago (one of the best players I've ever seen), is living in Sydney too! We tried to connect, but with only a day left in my trip and me without a phone, it didn't happen tonight. That would have been cool. I also got a Facebook message from Jared saying he was at the beach if I was around... I think it would be easy to get used to life out here.


I feel blessed to have had such a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Freak monkey!That looks awesome Bridgette!

    ReplyDelete