December 30, 2011

My Year in Review: 2011 Adventures!

2011 was a great year! I had so many unexpected adventures, spent a lot of time with family and friends, reconnected with wonderful old friends, and met special new friends, too.

I praise God for His goodness in all of the highs and His friendship in all of the lows. I also thank all of you – I am so blessed to share my life with you!

Favorite Sports & Races:
  • Pittsburgh Half Marathon
  • Pittsburgh Challenge
  • July 4th 5K (with Maur)
  • Warrior Dash (with Conor)
  • Gaelic Football Midwest Champions
  • National Gaelic Football Tournament in San Francisco 
  • Athletic stuff: Gaelic football, PSL co-ed basketball (mini-league champions), and running
First Place winners in the Pittsburgh Challenge

 Midwest Champs and Third Place winners at the National Tournament in San Francisco

Conor and I cross the Warrior Dash finish line

Travel:
  • Ocean City, MD (Kennedy Girls Beach Vacation)
  • Kite Weekend (annual camping trip with the family)
  • Washington, DC
  • San Francisco (Gaelic Football National Tournament)
  • Sydney, Australia
 Kennedy Girls Beach Vacation fun in Ocean City

 Surprise! We stopped by DC on the way home.

 Adventuring through Rock Creek Park in DC

 
Our family celebrates the win - Pittsburgh Celtics are National Champions!

 
 Cronulla Beach on Thanksgiving Day
Milestones:
  • My 30th birthday (my sisters gave me the best cards and my family threw me the greatest party)
  • Receiving a copyright for a guidebook I wrote for a volunteer program I'm developing with a friend
Best Memories:
  • Kennedy Girls Beach Vacation
  • 30&30 Armageddon Luau
  • Banshees winning Third Place in overtime in San Francisco
  • Warrior Dash
  • Sydney
<3

30&30 Armageddon Luau - family and practically family (Mikey, Amanda, and Mrs. Baker)

 Banshees bring it in - the second half overtime speech. Lots of fun and team love.

 Sisters, teammates, and offense (Maur) and defense (me) machines

A muddy road trip and race

 Bondi Beach after the Coastal Walk

Lots of good Bands, but looking back, there were a few favorite shows:
  • Holy Ghost Tent Revival
  • Two Man Gentleman Band
  • U2
  • Bearded Bastard Irishmen
  • Trombone Shorty
 Tailgating sisters for U2 - welcome, Emmi!

Every Day Life:
This is where it’s at! I enjoy all the lunches, coffees, dinners, drinks, outings and events with family and friends – especially Sunday coffees with my sisters, Gaelic football watching and playing, anytime Hofbrauhaus, Maur and Ry’s fun parties like Oktoberfestifall, and a beautiful afternoon at a Steelers game with my Mom; and then there's teaching CCD, helping with youth group, Thursday lunches reading books with Alize, coaching softball and basketball, playing sports with my friends, and my enjoyable and rewarding job.
2011 was great! And I am excited about all the new (and unknown) adventures to come in 2012! It’s a good life.

1 comment: