December 10, 2011

My Awesome Parents


I love my parents and am so grateful for them. They are always supportive of me, and gave me the best childhood and life and home. They do so much to help me, and they have given everything to my siblings and me, and they have done it all with immense love.

Today I got really sick (my best guess is dehydration + beer drinking), and at a really low point I called home to talk with my mom and have her do the best mom stuff over the phone (you're awesome, Mom). Minutes later, my dad was out the door and on his way over to my apartment with ginger ale, crackers, soup, etc. He took care of me and we had a really nice talk with stories from his childhood among other things.

Just to share a story with you -- when I was little I was sick a lot with asthma and spent weeks in the hospital from ages 5 through 8. My dad spent every day right by my side while my mom was at home with my brothers and sister. When he'd have to return to work because he ran out of days off, I would cry and lie to the hospital staff in an attempt to delay my IVs, shots, tests, and all that scary stuff until he could come back after work. He was my hero and protector, and still is.

2011 Armageddon Luau 30 & 30 Party
(Row 1: Mom, Emily, Alanna, Conor, me, Rory | Row 2: Ryan (Maur's husband), Colleen (Conor's wife), Uncle Frank | Row 3: Dad, Dillon, Maureen, Devin, and Charlie)

I have no idea how my parents raised nine kids -- providing for us everything we needed. My mom would say, of course, that it's all God. We had the loaves and the fishes story every day. She trusted; God provided, every time. When a family puts God first, God takes care of the rest.

I have the best parents in all the world! Thank you for everything. I love you! <3

For some smiles:
 1984

1993

 
2008 

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU for being the one of the best daughters in the entire universe. You got my emotions crying happy tears from just the first title words. Where did the time go? You all look marvelous! Lots of love

    ReplyDelete